There’s Got to be a Morning After: Boxing Day Dec. 26 Sales
With snow still blanketing much of the world, many shoppers couldn’t get to the stores pre-Christmas to finish their shopping. Tragedy, eh? Not really. Many retailers are going to keep the sales in full swing until Jan 1st to try to lure those thawing out from winter storms into the stores to buy. Let’s see if it works. In the mother country, England, Dec. 26th is Boxing Day, the traditional day that servants and laborers (workers) were given their gifts. It was even a day when charitable contributions might be given. The goal was for the wealthy to give to the less well off. Today Boxing Day is a public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greenland, New Zealand and parts of Asia. Interesting how Dec. 26th has evolved to include a wider circle of giving ? 🙂 In Europe and Canada, Boxing Day is like Black Friday in the US, with many stores opening at the crack of dawn and offering specials. Here are a few things that have turned up on The Recessionista radar system.
- Best Buy, in-store PC sales Dec. 26th
- Wal-Mart Stores are offering a $50 gift card on purchases of Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox 360 players through Jan. 1.
- New Norma Kamali holiday wear on sale at select Walmarts and online.
- Stein Mart Red Dot Clearance Event – Customers can find savings of 40-75% off already discounted prices. Check your Christmas day paper for a coupon for an additional 25% off all red dot and clearance merchandise valid only on December 26th and 27th.
- Macy’s – 75% off designer clothing from Alfani, Nine West, Charter Club, Rafaella, JM Collection, Alfred Dunner, AGB, and Style & Co.
- Kohl’s- savings throughout the store and online
- Chelsea & Camarillo Premium Outlet Center sales Dec. 26-Jan 3.
- Saks and Neiman Marcus discounts on select designer wear.
- In the UK, look for savings at Debenham’s, Lulu Guiness, Harvey Nics and even Harrods! Click here to see the Telegraph’s list of the 25 best Boxing Day deals.
- In the UK, check Voucher Code for sales at John Lewis, Astley Clark and others.
- In the UK, Celia Birtwell for Boots is 50% off. Of course, I am trying to get some!
- In the UK, US and EMEA Newlook.com has Giles Deacon Gold on sale.
- In Canada, check the Boxing Day Deals site. Many major retailers have specials to tempt you.
- In the US and parts of Canada, check Loehmann’s after holiday savings. The first 300 customers in store Saturday at 7 am will score a $20.00 coupon good for savings on a purchase of $40.00 or more. Check the website for details.
- Nordstrom’s Dec. 24 – Jan. 11. Winter Savings – 40%, Dec. 25 – Jan. 10
Half-Yearly Sale for Men
Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what else you find!