The Recessionista’s Father’s Day Gift Guide 2013
Don’t forget, Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday on June 16th this year. Are you ready? There’s still time to shop online, but the safe bet is to shop in store and have your gift in hand for this weekend. So what does The Recessionista think Dads all over the world want? Toys for Guys, aka electronics and sporting event tickets. Tools like Nextag and PriceGrabber make it easier for you to do the price comparisons online to get the best deals on the hot items. Here are a Father’s Day Gift suggestions:
- Apple TV offers endless entertainment via Internet options with HD movies and TV shows from iTunes. Check this helpful price comparison to find out to get the best deals on an Apple TV.
- American Express Gift Certificates –no fees, and Dad gets the full card amount to spend(so he can get what he really wants)
- Kindle Fire HD Tablet puts the world of literature at Dad’s fingertips. Amazon has great prices on Kindle’s right now, with the Fire HD starting at $199.00
- New iPad, check for savings at a MacMall in your area to find deals.
- New Cell Phone, take your pick of an Android ,Window’s Phone, Blackberry, Google Phone or iPhone (check the AT&T deals on refurbished phones, the costs are fairly inexpensive)
- Tickets to Sporting Events (LA Lakers comes to mind) or concerts (Check TicketLiquidator.com for deals)
- Sears: 50% Off Craftsman Tool Sets & Tool. If your Dad or husband likes to play handyman, check the Sears sale on tools.
- BBQ tools: If your Dad or Husband likes to play Grill man, look for grill deals everywhere from Big Lots to Sears. If you’re looking for something to throw on the grill, check out Omaha Steaks: 8 Free Burgers w/ $30+ Purchase in Stores.
- Saks: Shop the Father’s Day Gift Guide & Get Free Rush Shipping on $150 or More
- The MP3 BBQ Grill available at The Sharper Image–$199.99: This clever electric device is built for indoor or outdoor use, with a large 200-sq. in. cooking surface that’s ideal for grilling veggies, burgers and more. The nonstick coating ensures easy food release and cleanup, while a center channel drains away fat into a large grease tray. Best of all, this grill has a built-in 10-watt speaker, so you can crank up the built-in AM/FM radio or plug in any iPod, iPhone or other MP3 device. Plugs into an AC outlet.
- Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers at The Sharper Image– $129.99: Treat Dad to a pair of Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers. The weather-resistant Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers employ 2.4GHz technology for extended range—up to 200-ft (90 ft. indoors – 200 ft. outdoors). Dad can connect his iPod, iPad, iPhone, radio or MP3 players to the transmitter dock with the 3.5mm cable or RCA-to-3.5mm cable
- Dinner out at a restaurant of his choice (check Restaurants.com for deals or buy a gift card at Costco for restaurants like Flemings.)
- Fashion: Treat Dad to a new shirt from the Banana Republic Milly collection or Ralph Lauren polo (which you can find at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.)
I would recommend shopping for the above items at Amazon, Best Buy, Frye’s, Kohl’s (constant sales and Kohl’s cash), Macy’s, CostCo, Sam’s Club or BJ’s Warehouse. If you find some good deals for Dad, leave a comment and share the wealth!