Christmas in July: Target’s Black Friday, deals at Sears, Kmart, Old Navy and more!
Target is launching a Black Friday sale in July! July 23 to be exact. You may have seen this on the news, Good Morning America, or the definitive source of all things Target, the Target-Addict blog, Target is hosting a Black Friday tomorrow, July 23. Yes, a number of retailers are trying to start the Christmas and after Thanksgiving sales early, like, er in July! So here are a few details about the Target sale. The items I am most interested in, are from Target’s Liberty of London collection. Here’s a list of that and other deals to look for tomorrow. Target has said there will be deals on more than 500 items*, including:
Liberty of London for Target
* Adult Bedding Collections, $14.99-52.49 (25 percent off)
* Clothing, including: dresses, tank tops and bathing suits, $14.99-33.74 (25 percent off)
* Philips Blu-Ray Disc player, $99.99 (42 percent off)
* Aiptek 6.0MP Digital Camcorder, $39.99 (60 percent off)
* Wii 9-in-1 Sports Pack, $25.00 (50 percent off)
* “Ally McBeal: The Complete Series” and original TV soundtrack, $83.99 (58 percent off)
* Note: Limited quantities available at these prices.
Other stores offering Christmas in July deals include KMart, Toys”R” Us, Sears and Old Navy. I like the Old Navy sale, as they are offering special discounts for educators. Old Navy will offer “back to school discounts” beginning Friday, July 23 at 9 a.m., and their sales are only offered in stores. Students and teachers with school identification will also receive 25 percent off their entire purchase on Friday at Old Navy.
Time Magazine reports that ” According to the retail-sales statistics released by the Commerce Department on July 14, June department store sales dipped 1.3% compared to sales in May of this year, and were down 9.4% compared with June of 2008.” The translation is that retailers are hurting, so it’s time to accelerate the Christmas/Holiday buying season. What do you think readers? Are you buying this? Literally? 🙂 If not, you’ll have another chance to buy on Monday, July 26 when the summer version of “Cyber Monday” launches.