This weekend in Los Angeles, as the city geared up for the Emmy Awards, a series of gifting suites were going on all around town. According to such reputable sources as CNN, the Emmy presenters and nominees can receive luxury gift bags offering products and vacations worth $50,000 USD. S0 why do actors & actresses (who are so often very highly paid) get to receive even more gifts? Brands participate in the gifting suites and the swag bags in the hopes of being placed in US stores for distribution via gaining celebrity brand recognition. Every brand hopes to get a picture of a celebrity caring their product for their marketing. A big part of the goody (aka gifting or swag) bags is always beauty products. I thought it might be fun to let my readers in on some of the products that were included in the gift bags according to Hollywood Swag Bags or other sources. Surprisingly, not all the beauty picks were expensive. Some of these beauty products can be found in your local drugstore.
- MicaBeauty a collection of cosmetics for men and women.
- Flocked makeup setting spray to keep makeup looking fresh.
- SpaRitual kit that includes Body Lotion and Sugar Scrub as well as nail colors.
- Michael Todd True Organics new Soniclear antimicrobial skin cleaning system.
- Skinny & Co. coconut oil.
- Longeva skincare products.
- Neutrogena skin and makeup products (including colour sticks)
- Pave Pedicure the 10 Minute Crystal Pedicure Kit sent its 8-piece mini-kit of bling.
- Radical Skincare (which I reviewed and loved) paraben free, and designed for all skin types.
- Athena 7 Minute Facelift reduces the appearance of wrinkles, lines and sagging skin in 7 minutes. The makers of the facelift product also provided Adonia legtone serum.
- Destiny Boutique Anti-Cellulite Soap.
- Serious Serum in-grown hair eliminator and skin exfoliant.
- Deborah Lippman nail polishes (Deborah was in town for the EMMYs and actually sang a brilliant jazz set at Olive & June in Beverly Hills.)
- OPI nail polish
- Vaseline’s Spray & Go Aloe Body Lotion.
- Suave offered the lady nominees its Visible Glow Self Tanning Body Lotion.
Some of the EMMYs gifting suites included DPA Talent Lounge, GBK Gift Lounge, HBO Luxury Lounge and the Red Carpet Style Lounge. Our spies tell us that tonight the EMMY presenters and nominees will be invited to attend a special gifting suite at the Nokia Theater at LA LIVE.