Wondering who is effectively leveraging the Internet plus Social Media to promote their brands and their fashion savvy? Then check out the 2013 Fashion 2.0 Awards Winners, chosen by a reader poll. The 2013 winners were announced last night at a special gala in New York City. The awards were started several years ago by Style Coalition, a group of savvy bloggers organized by Yuli Ziv. Robert Verdi hosted the ceremony at New York City’s School of Visual Arts Theatre and Simon Doonan was the keynote speaker. Following is the list of winners.
- Best Twitter: @DKNY (the winner and still champion, DKNY PRGirl owns this category for humor and regular updates. Her Twitter feed is extremely entertaining.)
- Best Facebook: Marc Jacobs
- Best Pinterest: Anthropologie
- Best Blog by a Fashion Brand: Saks POV
- Best Website: Saks Fifth Avenue
- Best Mobile App: Gilt on the Go
- Best Online Video: DVF [through Glass]
- Best Fashion Startup: Of A Kind
- Top Innovator: Marc Jacobs
The awards were given out last night in New York City. I enjoyed reading the tweets from bloggers FashionistaNYC and Budget Babe about this special night, that has become a kind of People’s Choice Awards ceremony for social rock stars in fashion. Readers , do you read these sites or follow these designer social networks? If not, will you follow them now that they have won an award? Personally, I am surprised the neither Burberry or Topshop were winners in the video or Facebook category. If I look at everything those two brands have done this past year, I would definitely have given them awards for their work.