Target and Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Now 70% Off

target70off Target and Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Now 70% Off

Further Reductions on Target Neiman Marcus

The ill-fated Target Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection is now on sale for 70% off its original retail prices.  The sale is on Target.com as well as in-store. I would say that these prices are now less than wholesale (my opinion only.) Some of this stuff is worth a look at 70 percent off, and some of it is not.   The Jason Wu Holiday Ornaments are lovely for $14.99. However, even at  $14.99 I can’t recommend the Altuzarra Shaker.  I’m still fuming after buying the gorgeous, but not functional cocktail shaker for a holiday party.  I purchased it for about $30.00 right before  Christmas and could not get the top off.  My brother finally got the top off with a pair of pliers!

Items that are worth a look are the Robert Rodriguez ruffled top for $23.00 and the Prabal Gurung clutch for $14.99.  What do you think readers? Is there anything from this white elephant sale you are considering buying now?   If you bought any of the collection before Christmas for 50% off, will you now return it for a price adjustment?

share save 256 24 Target and Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Now 70% Off
This entry was posted in Fashion, Sale and tagged , , , , , , , , , , .

9 Comments

1. AshleighJanuary 5, 2013 at 12:33 am | Permalink

The Lela Rose Top, Prabal Gurung Cape and Proenza Schouler Sweatshirt, all of which I just purchased.

• Mary HallJanuary 5, 2013 at 1:49 am | Permalink

I like that Lela Rose top…..the cape is pretty, but made me feel like a Pilgrim!:

• AshleighJanuary 7, 2013 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

I totally understand pertaining to the cape but I’ll send you a pic because it’s my new favorite accessory! And, great post, as always (=

2. Target-AddictJanuary 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I think at these prices the stuff is finally “moving”, but still not selling out. I went to the same Target store on Jan. 1 (when I first posted that the collection had been marked down to 70%-off) and then again yesterday, and in that time all the Carolina Herrera travel bags and stationery sets (of which there were at least 50) were gone. All the Tory Burch lunch bags and thermos mugs were gone as well. In other words, all the lowest-cost items ($12-under) were gone, but the higher priced ones (like the clothing, luggage, bike, etc.) lingered.

Also while at Target yesterday, I overheard a sr. Target employee (probably from the Corporate office) talking to the store manager about what to do with the “leftovers”. The manager was asked whether all remaining inventory from the collab was already out on the store floor, and she confirmed it was. The sr. employee informed the manager that on Jan. 6th, all the leftovers will be picked up by a “special salvage truck” – not the usual one. I have no idea what this means, except that it does indeed seem as if the collection will “disappear” from stores after tomorrow.

• Mary HallJanuary 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the tip Target Addict! I will probably go get that Prabal bag today for $15.00.
      To me, the special salvage truck means this stuff may finally be heading to Goodwill. At least in Southern California, that’s where Target send a lot of their unsold stock.
      Thanks for reading. I should’ve known you would have the scoop on all o this!!!

• Target-AddictJanuary 6, 2013 at 1:37 am | Permalink

Mary: let’s hope you’re right that the “special salvage trucks” are headed for local Goodwill stores and not to the incinerator to be destroyed.

3. HeatherJanuary 6, 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

The only thing I bought regularly priced was the Proenza Schouler sweatshirt, though I returned and rebought once it went on sale. Once everything hit 50% off, I also picked up the matching iPad sleeve and the Rodarte wrapping paper. Even at 70% off, there’s nothing else that tempts me. I like the luggage, but I have a new luggage set already, so I don’t NEED it. Now if it had gone to 90% off, need would have gone out the window. lol

4. Target-AddictJanuary 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

The weirdness continues with this collab…. the collection was supposed to “disappear” after Jan. 5th, which was also the published “last day” for returns. But as of this morning, the collection is still available both on Target.com and Neimanmarcus.com, and on Target’s site they now state the return deadline is “Jan. 15th”. At NM, on the other hand, they list items from the collab as “final sale” with no returns.

5. targetemployeeFebruary 18, 2013 at 12:57 am | Permalink

As a Target employee I can say for a fact the Neiman Marcus collection leftovers were thrown away. Neiman Marcus should be ashamed of themselves. When items clearance out they usually go to missed salvage which ends up going to Goodwill. However when these items where scanned they went to red salvage, which we have to throw away. If they are “trash” then I think we should be able to do whatever we want with them, but unfortunately they don’t let us.