Nicole Richie actually made blue eyeshadow look good again at the Golden Globes this week. Blue Eyeshadow hasn’t been worn with such great effect since the 1970s! Nicole wore her hair in cascading waves, a vintage Hollywood look that complimented her gorgeous blue beaded Naeem Khan gown. Her hair was styled using new Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion products. Moroccan Oil has been around forever, but now Suave is bringing it into the mainstream by mass marketing it.
The Recessionista talked to Nicole and her hair stylist to find out how to get Nicole’s wavy hair and style. Here’s what they had to say. These tips are easy to implement at home.
Here’s how Suave Professionals Stylist, Jenny Cho, created Nicole’s red carpet look:
· Wash hair with New Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, and then blow dry hair using a large paddle brush.
· Part hair on the side and begin curling with a one-inch barrel curling iron. Be sure to hold the curling barrel horizontal to the head.
· After curling each section, use bobby pins to hold in place.
· Blast hair all over with a hot dryer for 1-2 minutes to help set the curls.
· Remove the bobby pins, lightly brush the hair to soften curls and finish with Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Super Hold Hairspray.
· Place 1-2 drops of the New Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in palms and rub hands together. Avoiding the roots, gently run hands over the surface of the hair to add a radiant shine.
· Place the Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in your clutch for touchups on the go.
Nicole Richie’s Red Carpet Style Tips. These practical tips work for any special event.
· Identify your top feature and play it up – know your body and what silhouettes work for you.
· With both makeup and accessories – focus on one bold item. For example, when doing a deep lip, leave eyes bare, or if wearing a statement necklace, keep the earrings simple.
· Whether she’s doing an up ‘do or down and sleek for her hairstyle, she always goes for shine on the carpet. Her go-to product is the NEW Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil for brilliant, lightweight conditioning.
What did you think of Nicole’s red carpet style? I love her hair and gown. I would’ve passed on that blue eye shadow though.