Recently I posted about how I had committed to drive the new Acura ILX car. I’ve been driving the car now for almost one full week and I love it. I’m driving the Hyrbrid version of the car, which is eco friendly and saves gas. Acura may have to chase me around the highways of Los Angeles to get their car back. I got to test drive the car during one of the worst winter driving weeks in California as the coast was hit with a week long rain storm. Originally, I was upset that I had the car during such bad weather. However, the torrential downpours actually helped me really appreciate the car and its smooth handling. It’s no mean feat to drive safely on the Los Angeles freeways when it’s pouring down rain and roads are flooding. The safety and navigation features on the car helped me drive safely and hit some of my favorite sales and retailers for holiday shopping around town. Here are a few things I learned about the car by driving it during the LA monsoon, er rain.
- The car offers a comprehensive navigation system with maps to guide you along your destination route and give you step-by-step directions. The car also offers weather advisories. From the AcuraLink satellite communications system, you can get real-time traffic and weather reports and even 15 gigabytes of music storage!
- Once you’re on the road, you can find Restaurants (including Zagat rated ones) and local attractions along your route that you might want to check out. I used this feature quite a bit, stopping in a great restaurants and doing my shopping when traffic or traffic accidents during the rain storms slowed me down.
- The Acura ILX offers smooth handling , voice activated navigation (in case you’re busy driving) and luxury leather seats. If you choose, you can also press a button to heat your seat. I loved having this “bun warmer” during the chilly damp weather. It made driving in the LA traffic (90 minutes to go 12 miles on one trip) much more pleasant.
- The digital command center offers a camera rear view of what’s behind you when you are in reverse. This makes parallel parking a snap and helps you to see what’s happening behind the car, whether it’s the car behind you or a pedestrian suddenly walking behind you.
I’ll be writing more soon about my week driving the Acura ILX. The above features are just a few of the things that made me love the car. Having all the digital technology at your fingertips the Acura provides makes driving in a busy city much more manageable!
Now, it’s time to involve all of you in my Acura journey. One of the things I did during my Week with the ILX was to do my holiday shopping. How many of you are doing your holiday shopping now? Would it be easier if you also had the chance to drive the Acura ILX with all the great technology features? I want to hear your thoughts. And I want to share my holiday shopping joy by offering a giveaway of two great gift cards: $50.00 to go shopping at Zara and $25.00 to go shopping at a Microsoft store to enjoy some holiday technology offerings. I’m also throwing in a Spa gift bag for some holiday pampering treats!
Here’s the what’s in the Fabuless Giveaway package:
- $50 USD Gift Card for shopping at Zara
- $25.00 Gift Card to shop at Microsoft
- Spa Gift Bag:
- Bliss Spa Body Butter in Vanilla + Bergamot
- Champneys Spa Indulgence Bliss Body Hydrator (aka Moisturizer)
- Frilly Lilly Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
- Nyx The Curve Felt Tip Eyeliner
- Opti Nail Polish & more!
To enter, you need to get social! Leave a comment here on The Recessionista and tell me your about your own holiday shopping. You can get more entries by following my social media communities, Tweeting or Pinning via Pinterest. This contest will run from now until Dec. 14th at 11:59 pm EST. I can’t wait to hear from all of you about your shopping AND your thoughts about the Acura ILX. To enter the contest, you can go to Facebook to enter, or enter here.
If you have any problems entering via the widget, please simply leave a comment at the end of the post and tell me if you have already started your holiday shopping and what’s on your list.