In less than 24 hrs Cyber Monday (aka le festival de la Recessionista) begins. That means it’s time for some practical Cyber Monday Shopping Tips. With technology, mobile apps, coupons and websites like The Recessionista, it’s easier than ever to get the deals. Here are a few shopping tips to help you get prepared. Thanks to MOMentumNation, an authority for the social media engaged Moms, for their help compiling these.
- If you’re on Twitter, follow the #CyberMonday hashtag for deals. Tools like TweetDeck and HootSuite can help you track deals and suggestions via Twitter. You can also follow @Recessionista as I will try to keep you all updated on deals I find.
- Check out some of the aggregator sites like CyberMonday.com from Shop.org, which showcases retailers by categories such as Deal of the Hour.
- Take a look at the Pinterest Cyber Monday boards. There some great of pinned suggestions and some interesting infographics too!
- Look into a few of the shopping apps and test them out BEFORE Monday. Apps like ShopKick, The Find or TGI Cyber Monday are a great place to start. Check The Recessionista‘s list of best mobile apps to get a look at the apps that can help you. Remember, there are special deals on Cyber Monday for those who shop from their phone/mobile device.
- Get organized. Make a short list of the items that are must haves so you can avoid impulse shopping. Don’t get distracted by web banners for things you didn’t set out to buy.
- Make a budget. Know what your overall spending limit is. If you’re got $500.00 you don’t want to spend $1,000. Make a list and do your price comparisons using tools like NextTag and Price Grabber before you hit the buy button. There will be other deals for the next few weeks right up until Christmas. Remember, just because it’s Cyber Monday doesn’t mean you have to buy.
- Check your favorite retailers for previews. Many sites like Best Buy, Amazon and Target are already posting previews of deals.
- Finally, make sure the sites you shop on are secure. The holiday season is the time of year where online shoppers can be taken advantage of by thieves. Check the sites for the “lock” icon or other branding. Read The Recessionista tips on shopping safe on Cyber Monday.