|Pictured: Two Cinnabon free mini bites are offered today.|
In the United States, today can be a day when many Americans are experiencing the pain of tax filing, and perhaps owing money to Uncle Sam. To help ease the pain, and let’s face it get some business, some restaurants are offering specials for Tax Day. I’m listing them below to help you take advantage of deals. The McCormick & Schmick’s Happy Hour has always been a favorite of mine on Tax Day. Remember to check in on Foursquare at restaurants you visit for additional deals.
Starbucks – Bring in a reusable coffee mug for a FREE brewed coffee.
- P.F. Chang’s – Receive a 15% savings on your bill, no coupon necessary, excludes alcohol
- Maggie’s Moo’s Ice Cream and Treatery – Receive a FREE sample of MaggieMia’s Ice Cream Pizza from 3PM – 7PM
- Cinnabon – Receive 2 FREE Cupcake Bites between 6PM – 8PM
- Bruegger’s Bagels: With coupon at participating shops, $10.40 for a baker’s dozen of bagels and two tubs of cream cheese. The coupon is available by liking the restaurant on Facebook.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Extended happy hour April 17 from 3:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Special drinks will include the Rummy Refund, the Clear Conscience, the Bloody Mary Tax Code and the Uncle Sam.
- BLT Steak House, Los Angeles, West Hollywood: Enjoy tax day today, 4/17 at BLT Steak with 50% off all alcoholic beverages, all day long!
- Chick-fil-A- Visit a participating restaurant April 17 and hang onto your receipt. The “Tax Relief Day Special” lets you return before April 30 to receive the same order for free.
- Select Whole Foods stores are making April 17 a tax-free shopping day. So far stores in AL, GA, NC, SC, TN are participating. To find out if your Whole Foods is participating, go to WholeFoods.com find your local store then give them a ring to see if they are participating.
- Panda Express: Get a single serving of Shanghai Steak on April 17 with a coupon from the Facebook page.
- Sonic: Half-price drinks and slushes all April 17 at participating restaurants.
- Seattle’s Best Coffee: Participating shops are offering free brewed coffee April 17. Also, with a Facebook coupon, you can get a free sample by mail of Seattle’s Best coffee.
- HydroMassage: Free HydroMassage is available by appointment at participating venues April 16 to April 20 with coupon.
Best of luck with the taxes today my friends. Remember, you can always file an extension If you know of a tax day special today, post a comment so that all Recessionistas can benefit! If you have an accountant that you love, ShopItToMe is having a handbag giveaway and you are invited to submit your accountant to win a stylish handbag.