|Pictured: Quality for Price, Vince Camuto gold sequin top, fully lined, at TJ Maxx (picture: M. Hall)|
Are you ready for New Year’s Eve? Maybe you’re planning a special party at home or going out? Either way, you may be looking for a little wardrobe uplift at a low price. Two of the biggest trends this holiday season are lace (overlays on dresses and tops) and sequins (on tops, dresses and jackets.) I like both trends for the New Year, and have my eye on several fashionable choices for each depending on your preferences.
|Pictured: Armani Exchange Rouched Sequin dress for $150.00|
The Recessionista’s Picks: Bling in the New Year with Sequins
- Vince Camuto Sequined tops at TJ Maxx: This is one of my recommended Maxx finds for the New Year and beyond. You’ll have to dig deeply through the racks, but the deals are out there.
- Armani Collection Holiday Collection features lots of bling on tops, tuxedo jackets and dresses.
- Nordstrom Rack: Love on a Hanger sequin tops for as little as $19.99
- Jennifer Lopez for Kohl’s: Lots of pretty sequined tops, although check the online reviews. Several customers commented on the quality of the shirts, and note that sequins are apt to fall off.
- 365Hangers.com: Lots of sparkling dresses from top designers names in a variety of shapes and sizes, all deeply discounted.
- Macy’s Impluse: Giambattista Valli sequined T-shirt with Bow design on front, now on sale at all stores.
|Pictured: White House Back MarketLace illusion dress|
The Recessionista’s Picks: Lacey Lines for the New Year
- H&M synthetic lace overlay tops and dresses ala trendsetter Kate Middleton, The Duchess of Cambridge
- Nicole by Nicole Miller for JCPenney. Satin top with lace sleeves for $35.00
- White House Black Market: Many dresses with lace details and overlay, plus tops too.
- Max Studio: Lacey tops with nude lining at TJ Maxx and Max Studio online, as well as Macy’s and Bloomingdales on sale.
- Shop Style and Amazon.com: A variety of lace dresses in one shoulder, strapless and traditional styles. Designers from Milly to Tadashi Shoji have great lace dresses and tops for this holiday season.
What do you think readers? What is your holiday choice for New Year’s dressing?