Just in time for Christmas the grand daddy of good deals, Groupon (aka Group Coupon), has joined the American Express Membership Rewards program. This means, that if you are American Express Cardmember who has enrolled in the Membership Rewards program ( if you haven’t , click here to do so) you cash in 1,500 points for a $15 Groupon Gift Card. With you do that, you can select to receive the Groupon Gift Card as an e-certificate, with no waiting for the postman. I think the Groupon Gift cards make great shopping stuffers, gifts for office co-workers, family and friends. They are also quick and easy to order, if you are just getting to buying those pesky last minute gifts. With just a few days to go until Christmas, you can conveniently order the Groupon gift card from Membership rewards, print it out as a gift receipt – and use it as a stocking stuffer. Easy peasy. No waiting for postal delivery or fighting the crowds at the malls.
How many of you have used Groupon? I’ve heard from many readers that you like both the Regional and National deals the site offers, plus the fun copy written by comedy writers, artists and performers based in Chicago. Frankly, just reading the copy of the Groupon deals is entertaining. I have personally used Groupon and have had only good experiences. I’ve bought Groupons for shopping at Mango, laser treatments for relief of arthritis pain, dinning out and spa treatments. If you’re not already a member of Groupon, click here to use my Groupon invite to join and check out the deals. Right now, I am considering buying a Groupon Getaway for a vacation in 2012. They have everything from wine country getaways to spa vacations (Ojai Spa) to beach vacations. The prices are really great for the deals. Even a trip to Fiji is on Groupon right now!
Shopping with Groupon has always been an economical way to try new things, but now, with Membership Rewards, you can get Groupons for points rather than cash. I told you how I’ve shopped with Groupon. Now I want to hear from you and here’s the benefit of social sharing , you may win a Groupon gift card. Simply submit your favorite holiday deal from Groupon.com that you would want to give to family, friends, or colleagues as a stocking stuffer or small gift through comments, tweets, and Facebook posts for a chance to win a $200 Groupon gift card. This contest will be open until Dec. 30th, 2011 at midnight EST. Contest is only open to US Residents. Make sure to enter your name and email for each selection, so your entries will be counted. Good Luck!
Enter The Recessionista’s Social Media Bakeoff to win a $200.00 Groupon Gift Card
- Mandatory for entry: Tell me your favorite holiday deal on Groupon. – 5 Entry Leave your comment along with your email address.
- To get additional entries (optional):
- Follow The Recessionista on Twitter, @Recessionista – 1 Entry (leave a comment to tell me you are a follower.)
- Tweet the Giveaway (Use your own 140 characters or use this little sample tweet: #Win $200 @Groupon Gift Card via @Recessionista. Tell us R fav #AMEXGROUPON holiday deal to enter http://bit.ly/uH464X pls RT) – 1 Entry per Tweet, Unlimited Tweets (please space them by 2 at least hours though!) (leave a comment to tell me you are got Twitterific.)
- Blog this Giveaway (leave a direct link via the comments) – 5 extra Entries
- Send me some “Link Luv” by adding me to your Blog Roll – 3 Entries (leave a comment to tell me where you linked into the blog from.)
- Share a link to The Recessionista on a social media blog aggregator site (ie StumbleUpon, Digg, Google+ etc.) – 1 Entry per Location (leave a comment to tell me where you buzzed up the blog.)
- Fan The Recessionista on Facebook – 1 Entry (leave a comment to tell me you joined.)
- Get a friend to fan The Recessionista on Facebook(they must leave a comment on my Facebook wall saying “_____ sent me!” – filling in your name, obv.). – 1 Entry per Friend
Details and Disclosure: This Giveaway is sponsored by American Express, I received compensation for posting this giveaway. However, the opinions expressed here are my own, and I am a Groupon customer who has enjoyed savings via using Groupon. The Groupon Gift Card/ Certificate is sponsored and provided by American Express Rewards. The Giveaways will end at midnight EST on Dec. 30, 2011. Contest is open only to US residents. Winners will be chosen at random.