In my perfect world of fantasy, this picture above would be me attired in an elegant little black dress ala superstar model Jean Shrimpton for the upcoming Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) fun and frolic. The global celebration of fashion is coming, and the invites are rolling in. I have to give it up to Vogue’s Anna Wintour for organizing this fashion economic stimulus package in 2009 designed to get fashion lovers to buy. I’ll be in Los Angeles for FNO celebrations (supporting the local economy), before going off to New York Fashion Week.
Here are a few of my favorite designers and top picks for shopping in two of my favorite cities, New York and Los Angeles. With so much going on, it’s important to know where to focus your attentions.
Los Angeles, CA
Alternative Apparel. 7:00 pm to 11:00 p, drinks and cocktails while shopping the new Alternative Apparel Reworked Collection Launch at the Abbott Kinney store in Venice, CA.
Westfield Century City Mall.
The mall, across from the Equinox Spa, will be alive will lots of shopping specials and special appearances by LL Cool J and the Mayor. Remember to check in on Foursquare at the Sony Store to get some free music! Highlights of the extravaganza include:
· Betsey Johnson is celebrating FNO with sips, snacks and shopping and stylist consultations. · Receive a complimentary Sugar Lip Treatment with any $75 purchase at Fresh.
· Get 25% off your GAP purchases
· Purchase any regularly priced dress and receive an exclusive FNO scarf at Herve Leger
· J.Crew is giving away a free custom FNO tote with any $150 purchase
· Juicy Couture is offering 25% off and Viva La Juicy fragrance samplings.
· Dance with the DJ and sip champagne while you receive stylist consultations at Karen Millen.
· Skincare consultations and mini facials at L’Occitane, plus get a Relax on the Go gift set for only $15
· Make your mark at Lucky Brand Jeans. Enjoy gourmet treats from Lollibakes as you browse the latest looks. Plus, receive complimentary customization with your denim purchase.
· Stop by Macy’s for mini Origin facials, Estee Lauder makeovers, giveaways, and more!
· Snack, sip and score at Madewell – grab a limited edition dotted denim tote with purchase of $150 or more.
· Stop by Michael Kors for a chance to win a Hamilton bag
· Pandora will gift you a bracelet when you make any $75 purchase
· Check-in the Sony Store on Foursquare and get a download for 50 free songs.· At Sperry Top-Sider, guests can enter-to-win the Sperry’s Passion for Fashion gift bag valued at $650.
· SYLK is offering 20% off regular price purchases.
· Spend $500 or more at Theory and receive a free canvas Theory tote bag.
Enjoy Chandon Rose while shopping and receive an exclusive FNO collar bone pouch when you spend $200 or more at Thomas Pink.
· Special gift from Tous with any purchase of $200 or more
· Enjoy the gift of giving at True Religion Brand Jeans: Receive an exclusive gift with any purchase and 10% of sales will be donated to The New York City AIDS Fund.
· Put your skills to the test with the Fashion Claw machine to score goods from Betsey Johnson, Bloomingdales, Bric’s, Fresh, Giggles N Hugs, Intimacy, and Sperry Top-Sider.
Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills: 80+ retailers on Los Angeles’s Rodeo Drive are participating in the fete with cocktails and assorted in-store events. A ferris wheel – a replica of the one that debuted at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893 – will be erected, and anyone who can show a receipt showing a purchase from a shop on Rodeo Drive that night will receive 2 tickets to ride it. The Rodeo event will also feature an IRIS by Cirque du Soleil® Flipbook Experience and the chance to win a package including dinner and overnight accommodations for 2 at The Beverly Hilton, and tickets to IRIS at the Kodak Theatre.
- BCBG MAX AZRIA 443 N. Rodeo Drive Enjoy champagne and get an exclusive runway survival kit, including a .25 oz bottle of BCBG MAX AZRIA’s new fragrance with a regular priced purchase. Enter for a chance to win a $2,500 wardrobe and fragrance!
- Bebe 308 N. Rodeo Drive Co-hosted events and giveaways by Teen Vogue. Special discount offers one night only: $25 off purchases of $150 or more and $50 off purchases of $250 or more. Gift with Purchase: Exclusive Bebe gold nail polish with a purchase. Sips, nibbles, DJ and more!
- Chanel 400 N. Rodeo Drive Be the first to get your hands on the newest CHANEL Nail Colour Collection. Three new nail shades created exclusively for Fashion’s Night Out by Peter Philips, Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup.
- Coach 327 N. Rodeo Drive Relaunching the classic Coach Duffle for Fashion’s Night Out. Receive a limited edition “The Duffle Project” special edition broadsheet with purchase
- Lacoste 447 N. Rodeo Drive Bring a photo of yourself wearing a new Lacoste outfi t that resembles an old Lacoste image and post it in-store to receive 20% off your purchase. Enter to win a $500 Lacoste gift card by tweeting your photo to @Lacoste, #CROCSTYLE.
- Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive 360 N. Rodeo Drive Whisper “It’s the New Black” and
choose a signature cocktails for only $6 during happy hour in Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel’s Bar 360 between 4 pm to 7 pm. Bar 360 highlights include: “Popperazzi” tempura
battered jalapeno served with spicy eel sauce; baby back ribs with Japanese sauce.
- Neiman Marcus 9700 Wilshire Blvd. Featuring events from 6-9 including
fall trend fashion shows and a Costume Designer’s Guild panel of experts discussing Hollywood’s influence on fashion (featuring the costumer designer from The Closer, Greg LaVoi.) Enjoy beats & bubbly!
- Saks Fifth Avenue 9600 Wilshire Blvd. In partnership with AOL, fashion
goes digital, social & mobile! Enjoy makeovers, a photo booth and a DJ
- Valentino 360 N. Rodeo Drive Featuring two caricature artists to draw mother/daughter portraits in the store. A DJ will spin tunes and cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- The Terrace at Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel 9500 Wilshire Blvd. Fashionable cocktails at Beverly Wilshire’s The Terrace with friends of The Daily Truffle.
West Hollywood, Fashion’s Night Out
Fashion’s Night Out festivities begin at 6 p.m. and retailers around the city are extending their hours into the night with parties, special guests, trunk shows and entertainment. As the in-store festivities conclude, shoppers are invited to the official West Hollywood afterparty at Skybar at the Mondrian hotel beginning at 10 p.m. The party will include photo opportunities, champagne, desserts and music.
New participants to West Hollywood’s Fashion’s Night Out celebration include Balenciaga, Barker Black, Christian Louboutin, Church Boutique, Donola, Faith Connexion, Helmut Lang, Revolve Clothing, Stella McCartney, Theory, Theory Men, Y3 Adidas, and others.
Free shuttles will transfer shoppers around the city from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Parking is available in the San Vicente Municipal Parking Garage at the corner of San Vicente and Melrose Avenue for $8 for the evening.
New York, New York
- There’s so much going on in NYC on FNO, that I created a
- Rachel Zoe will at the 59th street store launching her new collection Look for Clinique and Milly’s Michelle Smith providing makeup consults and a photo booth for FNO fun!
- Look for designers Badgley Mischka, Bibhu Mohapatra, Lela Rose, Reem Acra, and Wes Gordon
.Macy’s Herald Square
- Look for appearances from P Diddy, Tommy Hilfiger, Bobbi Brown, Coco Rocha, Rachel Roy, and Amare Stoudemire. I.N.C. Editor at Large Anna Della Russo will be joined by Karolina Kurkova in helping shoppers style the collection, plus Gucci Guilty Dance Party and Joss Stone performs.
Lord & Taylor
- : Footwear Legends Sam Edelman and Libby Edelman invite you to Rock ‘n’ Roll. Let Libby Edelman, celebrated television personality, and her team style your “glam rock” look with signature tattoos and a choice of charms for your new shoes. Then jump into our rock star photo booth with Sam Edelmanline of wearable art, exclusively at Lord & Taylor, and performs with rock band.
- • Vogue.com creative director,
Candy Pratts Price LOVES NYC
- . Meet and receive a signed copy of her book, American Fashion Accessories, with a qualifying purchase
Misook Doolittle, designer of Exclusively Misook
Edward Wilkerson, designer of Lafayette 148 New York
- • Meet designer,
- • FIT students will personalize your fashion sketch
- • Meet designer,
- and be among the first to view the key items for fall. Receive a complimentary gift bag with any Vince Camuto purchase.
Jones New York’s resident style expert, LLOYD BOSTON
- takes wardrobe classics like the white shirt, blazer, and cardigan then shows you 7 Ways To Wear It.
- Enjoy a fashion presentation, one-on-one style consultations, and a chance to win a makeover and walk the fashion show’s finale!
- Readers, where will you be on FNO?