|Pictured: Den of Deals, Ross in Culver City, CA|
The PR team at Ross Dress for Less recently called me up and asked me to stop in their fine stores and check out the selection. They also offered me a $50.00 gift card, which I will be giving away to one lucky reader at the end of this post. So read on
|Pictured: Jones New York at Ross Dress for Less.|
I hadn’t been into Ross for awhile before they contacted me. I hadn’t shopped there for a number of reasons. First, most of the stores are really large in terms of square footage and it takes me a long time to sort through the wares to find values. Second, I hadn’t found great savings in the past on name brand fashions. I’m pleased to say, that Ross has changed their stock and it’s now full of treasures, although it might still take you awhile to find them. I checked out the big Ross store on Venice in Culver City and found brands like Calvin Klein, Jones New York, Juicy Couture, Romeo and Juliet Couture, and Max Studio. Of course there is still some junk too, but if you are willing to spend a little time, there digging, it’s well worth while. In addition to the clothes, there are some great housewares, furnishings, handbags, cosmetics, luggage and all kinds of little accessories to help organize your jewelery and clothing. There is a dizzying array of name brand cosmetics/skincare items, cooking utensils and even designer aprons for cooking.
|Pictured : Vintage Aprons at Ross for the fashionable cook.|
|Pictured : Designer Handbags at Ross.|
My final Ross tip is this, check out the jewelry counter and be sure to ask someone for assistance. You’ll need to carefully inspect items from the case to make sure they are in top condition. I found this amazing Juicy Couture ring, that reminds me of a Chanel Camellia flower design.
|Pictured : My favorite Ross Deal , this Juicy Couture Flower Ring.|
Bottom line, Ross does deliver fashion deals and more, but it’s not a quick trip. I would recommend at least hour for a Ross shopping expedition. It will take that long to ferret out fashionable savings. Check Yelp and Yahoo reviews to find the best Ross in your local area. Some stores have better stock than others.
Now to our Giveaway! I’m giving away a $50.00 Ross Gift Card to one lucky reader. Simply leave me a comment or send me a TWEET telling me what your favorite deal is at Ross, or if you haven’t shopped there, what you might look for there. This contest will end at midnight PST on July 5th. Leave your email address in the comment like this: Jane at yahoo dot com. (this will protect you from spam robots picking up your email and adding you to their Spam bots!
- Follow The Recessionista on Twitter, @Recessionista – 1 Entry (leave a comment to tell me you are a follower.)
- Tweet the Giveaway (Use your own 140 characters or use this here’s little sample tweet: #Win a Ross Gift Certificate for $50.00 from @Recessionista , learn how at http://bit.ly/lBbKAn pls RT) – 1 Entry per Tweet, Unlimited Tweets (please space them by 2 at least hours though!) (leave a comment to tell me you are got Twitterific.)
- Blog this Giveaway (leave a direct link via the comments) – 5 Entries
- Send me some “Link Luv” by adding me to your Blog Roll – 3 Entries (leave a comment to tell me where you linked into the blog from.)
- Share a link to The Recessionista on a social media blog aggregator site (ie StumbleUpon, Digg, etc.) – 1 Entry per Location (leave a comment to tell me where you buzzed up the blog.)
- Fan The Recessionista on Facebook – 1 Entry (leave a comment to tell me you joined.)
- Get a friend to fan The Recessionista on Facebook (they must leave a comment on my Facebook wall saying “_____ sent me!” – filling in your name, obv.). – 1 Entry per Friend
- Finally, however you enter, please leave an email address in your comment so I can find you.
- Enter by July 5th at midnight! Go forth and be a Ross Recessionista!