|Pictured: Suggested Toys for Boys|
Did you all have a wonderful and relaxing three day break over this Memorial Day weekend? I can’t believe the break is almost over. Yes, I shopped the Memorial Day sales, and I got a few good deals. Now it’s time to shift gears, and start thinking of shopping for someone else. Don’t forget, Father’s Day is coming up on June 19th this year. Are you ready? Here’s a little suggestion. Warning. Do not give Dad a Tie. Or clothes. It maybe one of the worst all time gifts ever for men. Yes, they need them, no they don’t want them as gifts. What do I think Dads all over the world want? Toys for Guys, aka electronics and sporting event tickets. Here are a few suggestions:
- New DVD Player with DVDs for viewing
- American Express Gift Certificates –now fees, you get the full card amount to spend(so he can get what he really wants)
- New iPOD + iPod download gift cards
- New iPad, check for savings at a MacMall in your area to find deals.
- New Cell Phone, take your pick of an Android ,Window’s 7 Phone, Blackberry, Google Phone or iPhone (check the AT&T deals on refurbished phones, the costs are fairly inexpensive)
- Tickets to Sporting Events (LA Lakers comes to mind) or concerts (Check TicketLiquidator.com for deals)
- If your Dad or Husband likes to play Grill man, look for grill deals everywhere from Big Lots to Sears.
- Dinner out at the restaurant of his choice (check Restaurants.com for deals or buy a gift card at Costco for restaurants like Flemings.)
I would recommend shopping for the above items at Best Buy, Frye’s, Kohl’s (constant sales and Kohl’s cash), Macy’s, CostCo, Sam’s Club or BJ’s Warehouse. If you find some good deals for Dad, leave a comment and share the wealth!