|Pictured: The Christmas Tree on Via Rodeo in Beverly Hills (photo: M. Hall on the Olympus EP-1)|
I’m just in from an evening out and I took this amazing picture of a Christmas tree made of poinsettias all light up on Via Rodeo. Although there’s no snow on the ground in California, the tree really puts me in the holiday state of mind. Is my Christmas shopping done? Hell to the no! I am way behind, how about you? If you’re like me, and you’re still shopping, here are a few helpful reminders to help you cut costs.
- Today, Dec. 17th is free shipping day, with many online retailers offering free shipping on your gift orders. Check freeshipping,org for all the details.
- Coupons: Don’t forget to take 5 min and look for some savings. It’s easy with all the coupon website aggregators online today. Coupons for discounts on all kinds of merchandise can be found at RedPlum, 8Coupons, Coupon Cabin, CouponMountain.com, Sale.com and RetailME.not. Remember taking a few minutes to search one of these helpful sites, or doing a Google search for your item, plus the key word “coupon code” can result in real savings. Most websites allow you save items in your shopping cart, and then come back to them to purchase. So save your items, and then go look for your savings code. Every little bit helps because it all adds up. Don’t forget the coupon widgets for Kohl’s and Macy’s on the right side of this blog!
- Check out Coupon sites that benefit charities. KindCoupons.org helps consumers by listing great coupons, and then donating 50% of their profits to charities. In this economy where charitable giving has declined significantly, this is a noble endeavor!
- If you’re looking for deals on clothes, check out White House Black Market’s Daily Deal and Anne Taylor coupons.
- Finally, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for American Express giftcards, here on the blog, open until Dec. 21.
Enjoy the holiday season and get your gifts as economically and stress free as possible.