As I’ve said before right here on my favorite blog, The Recessionista, I love it when the designers and fashion houses find creative ways to use social media to market their brand. I just saw the new Bleu de Chanel viral video for the Men’s fragrance of the same name, and I love it. It’s a great little art film within a social media commercial. The film is set to the Rolling Stones song, “She Said Yeah” and channels another great memory from the 1960′s the film, “Blow Up.” There’s even a recreation of the scene where the photographer gets down on the floor with model. The Chanel video was directed by Academy Award winner Martin Scorsese. It’s certainly way more than a typical commercial for fragrance. I’ll be curious to see how many views it gets on YouTube, Chanel.com and beyond! :) As always with the viral, viewing is free, but you must bring your own popcorn. We know Scorese loves the Rolling Stones. He directed their 2008 documentary, “Shine a Light.” No wonder he chose them to be the backdrop for his 60′s inspired tale of a fashion photographer. I wonder what Coco would think?
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Giveaway: Stay Connected to Fashion + Deals with a Toshiba Portege R705 loaded w...
- Kohl’s Spring/Summer Fashion Giveaway
- Get Jennifer Aniston’s Look for Less and Enter to Win a $100 Kohl’s ...
- BOGO Deal at Target on Physicians Formula Makeup & a Giveaway
- The Recessionista Reviews Phillip Lim for Target, It’s Good
- The Recessionista Reviews Derek Lam for Kohl’s
- Hot Holiday Giveaway: Win a $300.00 Gift Card for shopping at HauteLook
- Kohl’s Giveaway, Fall Fashion for Fashion’s Night Out (FNO)
- Sunday Special: Giveaway of Clarins Skin Care Feed Project Cosmetic Bag
- Kohl’s Black Friday Deals 2013 & Gift Card Giveaway for Shopping
- Mary Hall commented on Jenna Hipp Introduces Eco-Friendly Nail Polish
- Petunia commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- arlene commented on Jenna Hipp Introduces Eco-Friendly Nail Polish
- Deirdre commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- Patti commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- Rose Spitzer commented on Jenna Hipp Introduces Eco-Friendly Nail Polish
- Camille commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- marie commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- alaa commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
- Becca C. commented on Chris Burch’s C WONDER brand is affordable & chic
The OutNet Sale 30% off Summer Essentials
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Like The Recessionista on Facebook
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
IFB Badge & BlogHer
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
Glam Network Logo
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Jason Wu for Target Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang