Once again, designer goods have arrived at Target.com in stealth mode. Its an interesting strategy to announce availability on one date, but have the good sactually arrive online on a different day. This collection was scheduled for August 1. However, the Isabel & Ruben Toldeo line of swimwear, towels and cover-ups is already on sale on Target online. I posted on Target’s Harlem designer’s before, and I applaud the effort to support the local talent. However, with the exception of the one shoulder swimsuit I wrote about before, I’m not lusting for any of this stuff. Isabel Toledo is such a talented designer. Remember the beautiful pale yellow dress she designed for Michelle Obama for the Inauguration ceremony? Mrs. O wore a yellow sheath dress, with a matching overcoat for the swearing in ceremony, complimented with J. Crew accessories. That outfit was lustworthy. Target swimsuits and towels, well not so much. What did you think readers? Personally, I think it’s in stock early because, let’s face it, this stuff is a little late in the season. Summer is two thirds over, so this stuff needs to move. I’m more excited about the line of Marcus Samuelsson linens, napkins and placemats. Just say’in.
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Giveaway: Stay Connected to Fashion + Deals with a Toshiba Portege R705 loaded w...
- Kohl’s Spring/Summer Fashion Giveaway
- Get Jennifer Aniston’s Look for Less and Enter to Win a $100 Kohl’s ...
- BOGO Deal at Target on Physicians Formula Makeup & a Giveaway
- The Recessionista Reviews Phillip Lim for Target, It’s Good
- The Recessionista Reviews Derek Lam for Kohl’s
- Experience Kohl’s YES2YOU Rewards & enter to win a $250.00 Giftcard!
- WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Elie Tahari Kohl’s Preview and Giveaway
- Hot Holiday Giveaway: Win a $300.00 Gift Card for shopping at HauteLook
- Target-Addict commented on Target Announces Plus-Size Fashion Line & Closes Canada Stores
- Jennifer Essad commented on Target Announces Lilly Pulitzer Collaboration
- GetStiletto commented on Jewelry that Protects You? Stiletto fashionable security
- Mary Hall commented on Rent the Runway: New Year’s Dress Rentals for $20.15
- Dami T. commented on Rent the Runway: New Year’s Dress Rentals for $20.15
- Sally Guillen commented on WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Toni B commented on WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Jamie Walson commented on WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Tina Stephenson commented on WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Erika Cochran commented on WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
Denizen Levi’s Brand Ambassador
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Member of POPSUGAR Select Fashion
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang Zara