Although I am a big lover of online and social media, I also take the time each week to reach some of my favorite magazines and look at the new fashions and deals. Some of my favorites are ELLE, Oprah, People StyleWatch and of course Vogue. This month two print magazines have deals you should definitely check out. The August Oprah magazine issue is called “The Big Deals Issue.“ Oprah and Gail have gone recessionista this month. I had to laugh at the article about Gail shopping the outlets at Woodbury Commons. Some of us have been outlet shopping for years. Having said that, there are a some very good deals in Oprah’s August issue. Here are a few that I like.
- Discounts on Calvin Klein Dresses, use code CALVINDRESS25 at calvinklein.com
- Oprah’s cover look, and link to where to find all the pieces including the chic bracelets from Henri Bendel.
- Discounts on high-end beauty products like Moulton Brown and my beloved Diptyque candles at beautyhabit.com. Use code OPRAH to get 25% off
- Enter to win a $5,000 home decorating spree from online shopping club OneKingsLane.com
- Deals from one of our favorite shopping clubs, IDEELI. Check out the invite on the right, under The Recessionista’s Top Picks, if you are not already a member. Other shopping clubs I love like Gilt Groupe and RueLaLa are also featured in O’s August issue.
Over at ELLE.com, the magazine has opened a section of their website that features editors’ picks called Edit. You can shop online at ELLE.com/edit. When you shop, you receive $50.00 off your first purchase. The prices are not cheap, but they are cheaper than retail. You’ll find high-end designer clothes, accessories and jewelry. Even the high-end Temple St. Clair is featured on Edit. You can also shop Edit from your Mobile phone. Just in case you need a quick shopping fix while you are away from the computer.
For a few more deals, take a look at People StyleWatch’s deals shopping section. TGIF!