Anne Fontaine is one of my fashion sins. It’s pricey, but oh so beautiful. I discovered Anne Fontaine years ago on a trip to France, and I’ve been in love ever since. I don’t step into the stores very often, unless they are having a sale, because very serious damage can be done. Last week I was over at South Coast Plaza in the OC, and discovered to my delight that the Anne Fontaine spring collection is on sale for 30% off. Above are two of my favorites from the Spring collection, which are now on the sales racks: a long navy blue ruffled cardigan and a pleated navy top, which is perfect for the summer heat. For those of you not familiar with the brand, Anne Fontaine is a Brazilian designer of French descent who started her business making the most amazing white shirts. I remember seeing them in the window of a store in Cannes year ago, and like Daisy in The Great Gatsby, I gasped and thought they were the most beautiful shirts I had ever seen. The crisp Anne Fontaine white shirts were made from natural fabrics like poplin, cotton and pique. Later gorgeous double ruffles on collars and cuffs were added. Today Anne Fontaine makes much more than white shirts. The brand offers amazing handbags, jewelry, sweaters, floral tops, stretch lace tops and even fuschia blouses. And all of it is made with the same quality as the original Anne Fontaine tops. Below are two current objects of my shopping lust which are on my Anne Fontaine waitlist (until the next sale.) I’m saving for this romantic black blouse and gorgeous handbag. After all, a woman can’t live by discount goods and chain store fashion alone. I like to have some unique, and really well made items in my closet in addition to sale finds that may not be of the best quality.
Pictured: Some beautiful items from the Anne Fontaine Spring 2010 collection.
Pictured: My current bête noire: Anne Fontaine’s beautiful romantic black top and stunning handbag. (photo M. Hall)
Right now select Anne Fontaine items are on sale for a discreet 30% off. And here’s an extra little savings tip. If you shop at South Coast Plaza, stop by the store concierge desk. It’s steps from the Anne Fontaine store. Ask for the “Passport to Savings.” If you live outside Orange County, you can use this passport for extra savings and discounts throughout all the stores in the mall. At Anne Fontaine, you will receive an extra 10% off. So naturally, I bought an Anne Fontaine short cardigan with ruffles at the collar and cuffs. It was on sales for 30%, with the passport I got an extra 10% off, so the total savings were 40% off of retail. Not bad. Sales personnel at the store were terrific. It’s so rare there is any customer service in stores these days. I dropped by the Michael Kors store in the mall before heading to Anne Fontaine, and the Kors sales staff seemed indifferent to most customers in the store. In contrast, the sales associate at Anne Fontaine, Karen , couldn’t have been more helpful. She bought various sizes to the fitting room, made recommendations and even offered to let me know when items I was lusting after would hit the sales racks. Talk about customer service! So few stores actually deliver that service any longer, especially if things are on sale. I totally enjoyed the Anne Fontaine sale and the in-store experience. If you are an Anne Fontaine lover look for the sale going on now at your local store. For the lowest prices, run a little search for Anne Fontaine on eBay. Every now and then you find a gem for a fraction of the retails price. Stay tuned for more Anne Fontaine updates. I hear she maybe visiting Southern California soon!
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Giveaway: Stay Connected to Fashion + Deals with a Toshiba Portege R705 loaded w...
- Kohl’s Spring/Summer Fashion Giveaway
- Get Jennifer Aniston’s Look for Less and Enter to Win a $100 Kohl’s ...
- BOGO Deal at Target on Physicians Formula Makeup & a Giveaway
- The Recessionista Reviews Phillip Lim for Target, It’s Good
- The Recessionista Reviews Derek Lam for Kohl’s
- Experience Kohl’s YES2YOU Rewards & enter to win a $250.00 Giftcard!
- Elie Tahari Kohl’s Preview and Giveaway
- Hot Holiday Giveaway: Win a $300.00 Gift Card for shopping at HauteLook
- Kohl’s Giveaway, Fall Fashion for Fashion’s Night Out (FNO)
- Mary Hall commented on Product Review: DENIZEN from the Levi’s brand at Target
- Ca commented on Product Review: DENIZEN from the Levi’s brand at Target
- Andrea Salamon commented on Kohl’s Yes To You Rewards Winner
- Tara commented on The Recessionista Reviews TOMs for Target
- Mary Hall commented on Macy’s Doorbuster Specials for Black Friday 2014
- Amber Rhodes commented on Macy’s Doorbuster Specials for Black Friday 2014
- Target-Addict commented on The Recessionista Reviews Alexander Wang for H&M: Dreadful
- ellen commented on Kohl’s Yes To You Rewards Winner
- Stevie Wilson commented on H&M Previews Bizarrely Sporty Alexander Wang Collab
- Trisha commented on Experience Kohl’s YES2YOU Rewards & enter to win a $250.00 Giftcard!
Denizen Levi’s Brand Ambassador
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Member of POPSUGAR Select Fashion
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Jason Wu for Target Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang