If you don’t already know this, and you love to shop, it can be extremely dangerous to be home sick and watch QVC. Between doses of Nyquil, I had to tune into the midnight show tonight of the QVC Jacqueline Kennedy collection. If you haven’t check this out, QVC has a costume jewelry collection that is comprised of reproductions from the exquisite collection of the former First Lady. The show will air again tomorrow (Sunday, June 27) from 4 pm to 6 pm EST/ 1pm to 3 pm PST. But you won’t see my latest shopping trophy on the show, because it is already sold out (at least that is what QVC said on air.) I just snatched up the QVC reproduction of the rare Coco Chanel paperclip necklace that Chanel designed in the 1920s. It’s very beautiful, with Art Deco styling on the filigree clips accented by simulated gems. Apparently Jacqueline Kennedy wanted the necklace for years, but was not able to find one. Her daughter Caroline found one of the necklaces at Sotheby’s when she was working there, and purchased it for her mother. Thus, the Chanel Paperclip necklace found its way into Jackie’s jewelry collection, and then later into QVC’s reproductions. The QVC version is selling for approximately $87.00 US. If you have time tomorrow, and you are a fan of fine jewelry, reproduced at reasonable prices, check out the Jacqueline Kennedy collection. Many pieces are specially priced for the day because it is the sixth anniversary of the collection on QVC. Among the items in this Anniversary special are an Art Deco simulated diamond brooch, the trademark Jacqueline Onassis square rimmed sunglasses, and a white & black bangle bracelet that was a gift from Truman Capote. All the Jacqueline Kennedy reproductions are made by jeweler Camrose & Kross. They do an excellent job. I own several of the pieces, and always receive compliments when I wear them.
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Giveaway: Stay Connected to Fashion + Deals with a Toshiba Portege R705 loaded w...
- Get Jennifer Aniston’s Look for Less and Enter to Win a $100 Kohl’s ...
- The Recessionista Reviews Derek Lam for Kohl’s
- Hot Holiday Giveaway: Win a $300.00 Gift Card for shopping at HauteLook
- Kohl’s Giveaway, Fall Fashion for Fashion’s Night Out (FNO)
- Sunday Special: Giveaway of Clarins Skin Care Feed Project Cosmetic Bag
- Holiday Giveaway: Enter to win $250 to shop from Serve by American Express
- Christmas Gifts at Kohl’s and a Special Giveaway
- Anne Taylor Loft Fall 2010 Sneak Preview and Necklace Giveaway
- Enter to Win some Amazing Amrita Singh Earrings and Shop for 20% off at Amrita S...
- Lynda @MommyPowers commented on Milly Maxi Dress Giveaway from Shoptopia & The Recessionista
- Candice commented on Milly Maxi Dress Giveaway from Shoptopia & The Recessionista
- Kristi Cates commented on Milly Maxi Dress Giveaway from Shoptopia & The Recessionista
- trish commented on Sponsored Post: Seven Days of Wonder Skincare Giveaway
- megan commented on Designer Charlotte Ronson Partners with Starbucks
- Nerline commented on H&M Announces their next designer collab: Isabel Marant
- dermstore commented on Presidents Day 2013 Sales: Special Fashion Savings
- maillot de foot commented on Tasteless:The Rihanna for River Island Two collection Hits the Racks
- LyndaontheHudson commented on Preview: Phillip Lim 3.1 for Target
- Rob McGuire commented on It’s hard to be a Recessionista Bride: The High Cost of Weddings
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Invite: Billion Dollar Babes Shopping Club
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's™ You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Blog Catalog Member
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
Glam Network Logo
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Jason Wu for Target Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang Zara