Don’t forget, Father’s Day is this Sunday. Are you ready? Here’s a little suggestion. Do not give Dad a Tie. It maybe one of the worst all time gifts ever for men. Yes, they need them, no they don’t want them as gifts. What do I think Dads all over the world want? Toys for Guys, or electronics and sporting event tix. Here are a few suggestions:
- New DVD Player with DVDs for viewing
- Gift Certificates (so he can get what he really wants)
- New iPOD + iPod download gift cards
- New CDs for the Car
- New Cell Phone, Blackberry, GooglePhone or iPhone (check the T-Mobile sale this Saturday)
- Tickets to Sporting Events (LA Lakers comes to mind) or concerts (Check TicketLiquidator.com for deals)
- Dinner out at the restaurant of his choice (check Restaurants.com for deals)
I would recommend shopping for the above items at Best Buy, Frye’s, Kohl’s (sale this weekend), Macy’s Preview Days sale, TJ Maxx or Marshalls. You might also want to check Loehmann’s as they carry some cool iPod accessories from time to time and other gadgets.
Another suggestion, check out your nearest outlet mall. Here in LA, where have the Camarillo Outlets, but every area has some type of outlet.The folks at Camarillo have these suggestions for gift giving. Note, not all of theirs are Toys for Men, as mine are!
- Outdoorsy Dad? A new pair of sunglasses for the summer! (Sunglass Hut, or Designer Store)
- Athletic Dad? Check out a Nike Factory Store ( or other) for fan gear for his favorite sports team!
- Best-dressed Dad? Stop by Izod or J. Crew outlet store for some new casual wear
- Grilling Dad? Restoration Hardware Outlets and others offer cooking supplies and equipment for the barbeque that he’ll be using all summer! In New York, check the Williams Sonoma outlet at Woodbury Commons. It simply rules. I love it there.
- Tech Dad? Get him headphones, a digital music system or home theatre system from Bose!