Despite outrage earlier this year over H&M allegedly dumping clothing, the brand has been cleaning up their act with some good deals. On May 20th, H&M is launching a “Fashion Against Aids” collection with 25 percent of sales to be donated to youth HIV/AIDS awareness projects. The collection, as befitting it’s namesake, is rather somber looking. Don’t expect bright colors, or prints like those in the Garden Collection. The black and white print dresses above are an example of the collection’s rather austere look. There is a lot of denim, black and white, and some animal prints. Note that the collection will be part of the Divided line, so it will be junior sized. The collection will be for both girls and boys and offers clothes and accessories plus tents and sleeping bags. As with all of H&M’s house brand collections, the prices are reasonable. For women, there are maxi dresses, bohemian looking wrap blouses, and even a short sequined jacket. I’ll definitely have to give it a look when it arrives in stores. I’ll be anxious to see if the fashions are as good as the cause they support.
Pictured: Dresses from H&M’s Fashion Against AIDS collection (photo courtesy of H&M)
Pictured: These Boho Chic wrap tops from H&M’s upcoming collection will be priced at USD 24.95, GBP 14.99 and EUR 19,95 (photo courtesy of H&M)
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
MOVEN: Savvy Spending & Shopping
- Giveaway: Stay Connected to Fashion + Deals with a Toshiba Portege R705 loaded w...
- Kohl’s Spring/Summer Fashion Giveaway
- Get Jennifer Aniston’s Look for Less and Enter to Win a $100 Kohl’s ...
- BOGO Deal at Target on Physicians Formula Makeup & a Giveaway
- The Recessionista Reviews Phillip Lim for Target, It’s Good
- The Recessionista Reviews Derek Lam for Kohl’s
- Experience Kohl’s YES2YOU Rewards–Shop & Save
- WIN an Engagement RING! Holiday Jewelry Twitter Party with Robbins Brothers
- Elie Tahari Kohl’s Preview and Giveaway
- Hot Holiday Giveaway: Win a $300.00 Gift Card for shopping at HauteLook
- Mary Hall commented on Halle Berry Brings ‘Scandale Paris’ Lingerie to Target
- Nancy Caranica commented on Halle Berry Brings ‘Scandale Paris’ Lingerie to Target
- amy caldwell commented on Schwarzkopf ULTÎME Hair Products Coming to Walmart
- Jennifer Bachis commented on Schwarzkopf ULTÎME Hair Products Coming to Walmart
- Jeanne brabson commented on Milly for Kohl’s features two Mommy-and-Me Looks
- Jeanne brabson commented on Milly for Kohl’s Lookbook: Head to Capri for Spring 2015
- Susan commented on Spring Fashion: Lilly Pulitzer for Target Lookbook
- Dana commented on Spring Fashion: Lilly Pulitzer for Target Lookbook
- A Peachy Sonder commented on Spring Fashion: Lilly Pulitzer for Target Lookbook
- Mary Hall commented on Schwarzkopf ULTÎME Hair Products Coming to Walmart
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Denizen Levi’s Brand Ambassador
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Featured on Blogher
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Member of POPSUGAR Select Fashion
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang Zara