Good news fellow fashion victims, the Loehmann’s superstore in Costa Mesa California is now open. And even if you don’t live in Southern California, there is good news for shoppers looking for the chic n’ cheap, as there are new items in at Loehmann’s across the US and Canada for spring. Sign up for Loehmann’s new “SkyPie” text messaging service to find out what’s new are your local Loehmanns and get some high-end fashions and a low price.
Pictured: Calling Jean Shrimpton, the Loehmann’s racks are full of some amazing 60′s styled dresses and jackets.
To keep prices low, Loehmanns doesn’t spend oddles of dollars advertising what is new in the store each week. Some of the designers that sell to Loehmanns also don’t want advertising for their couture items hitting the Loehmann’s back room. That’s when the power of Social Networking comes into play! Check out blogs like mine, Twitter updates and the Loehmann’s Facebook group to get the 411 on the deals. Here’s a quick rundown on the savings and special items at the new 40,000 square foot Costa Mesa store.
- The first 300 shoppers to hit the Costa Mesa Metro Pointe store today, Sunday March 14th, will receive a $20 off savings coupon.
- Overall there are average savings of 30% to 60% off all merchandise in the store, including men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, handbags, swimwear, hair products, books, designer sunglasses and jewelery.
- The Costa Mesa store features a special selection of discounted bridal dresses and bridesmaid dresses. This is great, since wedding gowns are SO expensive. Call your local Loehmann’s store to see if they have wedding gowns.
- If you were disappointed that JPG is selling out at Target, check out Loehmann’s. They have John Paul Gaultier Soleil for just a tad more than his Target collection.
- Like the Beverly Hills store, the Costa Mesa store features a personal shopping service at no additional cost.
- Psst, there are gorgeous designer scarves by a famous Italian designer at deep discounts (I can’t mention any names here (at the request of Loehmann’s.) However, this designer is famous for the use of color in combination with geometric prints.
Pictured: These beautiful scarves are inexpensively priced, and can add color and style to any item already in your closet.
My friends and I had a great time roaming the Loehmann’s racks for deals. Check us out, voguing with various items. In the words of Rachel Zoe, we are totally shutting it DOWN!
Pictured: Adrianna vogues ala Stevie Nicks in this amazing coat. This one is for the “aspirational shopper.”
Pictured: Lust worthy dress snatched from the racks by yours truly, The Recessionista. Of course, I need it..I needed everything in the store! Loehmann’s thanks for bringing in lots of “MJ”
Pictured: I ♥ Yummi Glass jewelry, and Loehmann’s has the heart shapped pendants and other pieces.
Of course, beyond the fabuless shopping, the highlight of the evening was a rock’in performance from The Band from TV
. I had the opportunity to meet the band pre-show inside Loehmanns’ and they are some of the nicest celebrities I have meet. Beyond being talented actors and good musicians, I was impressed by what a truly nice group of guys they are. And all their proceeds from performing go 100% to charity. That is beyond cool. The Band did an amazing set with some classic rock covers like Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now“
(I thought about that song during my Loehmann’s shopping spree. I’m Miss Shopper Farenheit shopping at the speed of light!
) and even The Who’s “Baba O’Reily.”
Bachelor Bob Guiney really can sing, and the rest are great players. I will definitely be looking to attend another one of their gigs.
Pictured: The Band from TV performs at Loehmann’s Costa Mesa.
This is no Milli Vanilli lip sync, filtered in muzak act. The band can rock it! Dr. House, Hugh Laurie showed up to play keyboards and lend support. One thing I really like about The Band from TV is that they are clearly having fun onstage. And the fun they are having is truly infectious. The audiences was on their feet dancing throughout the set.
Since not all of my readers could attend this local Costa Mesa concert by The Band from TV, the guys were gracious enough to give me some CDs autographed by them to giveaway to readers. I have four special two disc Collector’s Sets signed by The Band from TV to giveaway. Here’s what you need to do to enter to win. Leave a comment here and let me know who is a member of The Band from TV and what TV show they are from. (Hint you can get some information from my previous post with the ticket giveaway.)
Pictured: The Band from TV signs CDs at Loehmann’s’ Costa Mesa. Enter to win a CD signed by the band!
, leave your comment with an email address like so: lynn at yahoo dot com.
Leave your address this way so that spammers and robots can’t pick it up your email. Be sure and leave your e-mail address so I can reach you to send the CD! You have one week to leave a comment and enter. Enter by midnight, PST on Sunday March 21st to be entered.
The CD is great, so don’t miss out on this chance for some classic rock hits covered by The Band from TV
The Recessionista poses with the Band from TV!
Jess Spencer, This Dr. also plays a mean violin!
Hugh Laurie plays Baba O’Reilly!