Norma Kamali Sleeping Bag Coat Now Online at Walmart.com

Pictured: Just in time for Fall/Winter: The NK Sleeping Bag Coat at Wally

Just when the winds are turning cold and an early snow is falling, the Norma Kamali $35.00 Sleeping Bag Coat has arrived at Walmart.com. But, there is good news and bad news here. First, the good news. The coat is online and the price is indeed, $35.00. The bad news: the online buying mechanism doesn’t quite seem to be working. Is Walmart.com already besieged with orders? Hard to know, but watch this space!!! It took me a few tries, but finally, I was able to place my order. Here’s the link to the fabu-less coat. Let me know if you are able to place an order.Norma told The New York Times a great story about this coat earlier this year. The idea for the coat was born on a camping trip. “It was cold,” she recalled, “and I was always getting up at night to go to the bathroom.” On one particularly nippy night, she threw on her sleeping bag and sprinted for the bush. “As I was running,” she said, “I was thinking, ‘I need to put sleeves in this thing.’ ”

I can’t wait to get my order. It looks amazing. I always wanted one of these… Santa are you listening? :)

This entry was posted in Norma Kamali and tagged , , .

16 Comments

1. AnonymousOctober 29, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

Just placed my order :)

2. The Fashionable TravelerOctober 30, 2009 at 2:55 am | Permalink

Thanks for the tip…just ordered the sleeping bag coat and the all in one dress

3. naturallyoursOctober 30, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

I just ordered mine last night. I must have tried to checkout 15 times on my computer and I kept on getting a “Please accept our apology” message. A lightbulb went off and I successfully placed my order through my IPhone. I CANNOT wait to get it.

This is the first time i'm across this blog. I love it!

4. Target-AddictOctober 30, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Question about NK for you: have you tried the convertible dress at Walmart? It looks great, but I'm wondering what it looks like on.

5. SusanOctober 30, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered mine last night! Target-Addict (I also read your blog, btw!), I have the covertible dress and love it! You can wear it “normal” with a belt or one of the other ways. The fabric is great – nice and heavy. I highly recommend!

6. AnonymousNovember 3, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Wow, I'm so glad I found this blog. I'm on my way to NYC and I thought I would buy this coat.
    I just ordered it from wal-mart(after 6 attemps) but it finally went through. Yiipppeee!!!!

7. AnonymousNovember 6, 2009 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I ordered without any problems. At least, it seems that the order went through….however, I did not receive an email from walmart.com (confirming the order). I guess I'll see if it worked once it arrives….can't wait!! :)

8. MHNovember 6, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I got mine and I LOVE IT!
    Unfortunately, I ordered too large of a size. I thought for the price, it might run small, but that is not the case. This one is a big, roomy coat. Amazing quality and comfort for the price.

9. MHNovember 6, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Target Addict–I haven't yet tried to convertible or all in one NK Dresses. I need to find them in a store and check them out.

10. AnonymousNovember 15, 2009 at 12:55 am | Permalink

Ok gang. I'm back from NYC and I took a look at the original NK coat. Well, to put it mildly, there is no comparison. The original coat is fluffier, better quality material( it's has a much shinier inside and more matt on the outsie). Better stitching and it's reversable, the sleeves are much roomier at the wrist, the belt is not attached as with the Wally coat, so you can wear it open. AND it actully comes with a bag that you can stuff the coat into when you are travelling (like I did from a cold place to a warm place) So, I received my Wally coat and for a $450 savings it's pretty good. But if you want quality and a coat that will last for years, get the original.

11. MHNovember 15, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Well, of course the original Sleeping Bag coat from NK is the top of the line! Just like there is an economy version of the Volvo, the Walmart coat is the economy version of the original.
    The material is not as fine and the quality is not as fine…but for $35.00 its a great affordible, replica of a classic!
    I have to save up to buy an original NK. They are really well made, works of art as you point out!

12. jheubOctober 29, 2010 at 12:15 am | Permalink

I cannot find it anywhere at walmart. My info says product not found. I so want this coat !! Think they are all out ? jheu b

13. jheubOctober 29, 2010 at 12:19 am | Permalink

My walmart.com and this link show no product found and oh i so need this coat. Anyone else have that problem or do you think they are all out.

14. MHNovember 2, 2010 at 5:28 am | Permalink

Sorry , the coats have been sold out since last winter. You might try one on eBay.

15. adventureswithjennNovember 13, 2010 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Was just on the wal-mart web site and they are going fast Xlg is sold out in all three colour options. The silver is sold out in all sizes, so if you like black and cammo and between the sizes of xs and xxlg you can probably purchase one now.

I purchased and loved the convertible dress from wal-mart as well it's surprisingly well mad I have worn it several times it washes well and is true to size and I got it for 10 bucks:)

16. adventureswithjennNovember 13, 2010 at 1:51 am | Permalink

I was just on the Wal-mart web site and they have some jackets in-stock, the silver is all sold out, as are the Xl's. So if you want black and or cammo sizes between xs and xxl you shout be in luck.

I have the convertible dress and love it!! I was very suprised by the quality and wearability. It washes well, true to size and all for 10 bucks.