In re Barack: President Recessionista

obamajeans In re Barack: President Recessionista
So what’s all this fuss about the President’s jeans? I had to laugh this morning when I heard Meredith Viera quizzing him about his “mom jeans” on the Today show. Yes, fashion critics were actually calling his loose fitting jeans, worn on the pitcher’s mound at the recent All Stars baseball game, unfashionable and frumpy. Pleezee…he’s the leader of the free world not a Vogue model. What’s really interesting about the whole thing is how at ease with himself he was over the fashion police thing. Joan Rivers don’t try to do your red carpet critique on the President. I should’ve known that anyone cool enough to be a lawyer, turned community organizer is…yes….a Recessionista! President Obama is not concerned with rock star accessories like skin tight jeans. He’s not posing for a photo like the Rolling Stones‘ Sticky Fingers album cover wearing his 501s any time soon. I’ve long said that Mrs. O is a Recessionista with her J. Crew apparel at Buckingham Palace, and now I see Barack is exercising his fashion rights to live chic and cheap. Maybe he’s not only concerned with economics, but also chiconomics.

So he hates to shop? This is not a tragedy. If this is what “mom jeans” look like, then bring it on.

PS–

Dear Mr. President,
If you ever decide you want to spend some time doing a little shopping, I do know a blog where you can find some great deals icon smile In re Barack: President Recessionista Have your people call my people!
share save 256 24 In re Barack: President Recessionista
This entry was posted in Michelle Obama and tagged , .

9 Comments

1. LynneJuly 22, 2009 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

A very cute one, Recessionista!
    I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his jeans!! xoxo

2. Target-AddictJuly 22, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

All this fuss about Obama's jeans makes me LOL. And did you see the Today Show this morning? They did another piece on jeans, but this time about the current crazy for SKINNY jeans, and the health problems they can cause. I think they were trying to make a story out of nothing, IMO.

3. Lila BrownJuly 22, 2009 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Cute post. I was so happy to see him in his frumpy jeans. He looked so comfortable.

4. HandbagsJuly 23, 2009 at 1:31 am | Permalink

I agree with your opinion. Mr. President can't be that casual in public.

5. AnonymousJuly 23, 2009 at 2:05 am | Permalink

must..get…mom..jeans…

-lagerfeld

6. Iman Woods CreativeJuly 23, 2009 at 2:32 am | Permalink

Thank you for pointing this out! How is it a bad thing that he's wearing something comfortable to pitch a baseball in?

Just found your blog through HuffPost and love it! Keep it up!

7. ObamalurverJuly 23, 2009 at 3:55 am | Permalink

He's too cool! I can't believe the press talking about Obama & his mom jeans!!! What about health care reform??? What about all the good he is DOING for the US?

Did anyone ever see Dick Cheney wear a pair of jeans????

8. You're Welcome AmericaJuly 23, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

It's not that no one saw Cheney in jeans–it's that it was simply not commented on, and not worth commenting on. He is a fat arse, in more ways than fashion.

I would have to avert my eyes, if someone showed me a pic of Cheney in jeans, or anything else for that matter.

9. AnonymousJuly 24, 2009 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

“For those of you who want your President to look great in his tight jeans, I'm sorry. I'm not the guy.” – Barack Obama