For some time I have wanted an Anya Hindmarch bag. I have gazed at them with envy in Harrod’s on each trip to London. However, I just was never able to bring myself to spend the equivalent of a mortgage payment for one of her bags So I was delighted when my favorite big box retailer, Target, announced that they were bringing out a discount collection of Anya Hindmarch hangbags. As all readers of the Target blogs, Vogue and the Budget Fashionista know, the bags were supposed to be available at Targets on Sunday, Oct. 12. However, the search for the elusive bags became for me like a quest for the Holy Grail! I ended up going to 4 different Targets before finding mi amour, the above AH Chocolate Tote Bag. Ironically, this IS a Plastic BAG, the kind Anya spoofed a few years ago on her little cloth tote bag. However, for $49.99, this plastic looks rich! This is one time I have to say the Target item actually looks good, and not cheap as some of their other collections have. I purchased the tote and the Hobo Bag. Weary of searching Targets in the Los Angeles area, I ordered the Satchel bag online.
Based on what I saw of the collection , the PVC materials and the cute little gold plated AH bow on the front of the tote bag, I would rate this a winner.
I think these will sell out, as they did in the UK. So my recessionistas, grab a bargain while you can. Believe me , they won’t last!
UPDATE 10-24-08: Two of the AH Target Bags are already sold out:
Anya Hindmarch® for Target® Large Shoulder Bag – Navy/ Black
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
MOVEN: Savvy Spending & Shopping
- Donna commented on The Recessionista Reviews Milly for Kohl’s
- Sheila commented on Preview of Lela Rose for Lane Bryant: Beautiful Dresses
- Rainbow Zomby commented on Travel: Summer Packages at Mandarin Oriental Hotels
- Jenn commented on A look at the most effective Anti-Aging products
- Jerry Marquardt commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- melinda commented on Schwarzkopf ULTÎME Hair Products Coming to Walmart
- Jennifer Nixon commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- CR Williams commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- Bonnie Wilks commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- Barbara Montag commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Denizen Levi’s Brand Ambassador
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Featured on Blogher
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Member of POPSUGAR Select Fashion
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang Zara