For those of you who have not heard, Los Angeles was shaken today by a 5.8 Earthquake. There I was sitting, working quietly at home, wearing my fabby BedHead PJSwhen the house began to pitch…and pitch.. and pitch. It felt like it lasted 5 mins! I stumbled out in the street to escape, and then, it just stopped!!! BAM…the quake, ended, but my heart was still racing.
Needless to say, a short time later…my anxiety was out of control. I went to my local gym for a 1hr aquatic class, but that didn’t even make a dent in my anxiety.
What was I to do?? Sadly, I took refuge with a favorite gal pal at the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach and indulged in two Asian Pear Martinis. They were delicious, but pricey. However, still suffering in the aftershock, I was a prisoner to their prices and shelled out $22.00 for two of these amazing & calming potions. This mix of sake, vodka and pear liquer helped me forget that the BIG ONE, might be coming any second. Yes, California can get QUAKED at any moment, and there is nothing I can do. So, I took solice in my martinis When the quake hits, you can’t wait for discounted drinks to be served–its a state of emergency.!!!
Although I personally did not benefit today, I did learn that even the mighty Cheesecake Factory is getting INTO the Recession spirit.
I want to pass onto two specials to my blog readers:
1) Tomorrow, July 3oth, all Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory will be $1.50 per slice to celebrate their 30th anniversary. This is one day only!!!
2) The Cheesecake Factory Bar is now serving small appetizers from 4-6 pm at lower prices.
Follow The Recessionista
Search The Recessionista
Sign up for our mailing list.
MOVEN: Savvy Spending & Shopping
- Donna commented on The Recessionista Reviews Milly for Kohl’s
- Sheila commented on Preview of Lela Rose for Lane Bryant: Beautiful Dresses
- Rainbow Zomby commented on Travel: Summer Packages at Mandarin Oriental Hotels
- Jenn commented on A look at the most effective Anti-Aging products
- Jerry Marquardt commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- melinda commented on Schwarzkopf ULTÎME Hair Products Coming to Walmart
- Jennifer Nixon commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- CR Williams commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- Bonnie Wilks commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
- Barbara Montag commented on Eva Longoria Home Giveaway with JCPenney
The Recessionista’s Top Picks
- Shopping Club Edition01, Haute Couture
- Fab Vintage Finds
- Rent the Runway
- US Only: Gilt Groupe Designer Sales
- Belle and Clive Shopping Club, fashion deals
- Groupon Invite
- Vacation Deals: Gilt Jetsetter
- US Only: Ideeli DESIGNER Sales,
- eBates: Earn Cash Back When You Shop
- Join HauteLook as our Guest!
- Invite Gilt Man: Discount Designer Menswear
- Shopping Club Beyond the Rack
- Editor's Closet, Designer Deals, Prada + More!
- The New York Times: The Recessionista
- The Chic Bargainista® on Tumblr
- My Huffington Post Articles
- The Recessionista's®; You Tube Channel
AD: Gilt Groupe, Designer Deals
Denizen Levi’s Brand Ambassador
Featured in Better Homes & Gardens
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style
The Recessionista Talks to Life & Style Magazine
Score Big at Sales!
Follow @Recessionista on Twitter
Tweet with @Recessionista
Folllow me on Google+
Featured on Blogher
Proud Winner of a Bloggy Award
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Member of POPSUGAR Select Fashion
Read All About It!
Guardian UK Partner
About MeSince 2008, Mary Hall has been the author of The Recessionista®, which is read by thousands of regular readers in over 160 countries. An internationally recognized expert on the art of the living the good life for less, she has been a commentator on local, national, and international radio and TV shows. Her advice has been featured in over 2,000 media outlets, including The New York Times, Reuters, Life & Style magazine, ABC News, NBC News and now The Huffington Post, among many others. Contact Mary at Mary (at) TheRecessionista dot com
The Recessionista TopicsAmerican Express beauty products betsey johnson Black Friday deals budget Norma Kamali Coco Chanel Dana Buchman David Beckham designer deals designer Michelle Smith MILLY discount fashion fashion giveaway Hautelook HM Ideeli Kate Middleton' style Kohl's London Fashion Week Lulu Guinness MACY's Marni for HM Michelle Obama Monique Lhuillier Neiman Marcus new york fashion week Norma Kamali NYFW Project Runway Rachel Zoe Recessionista recessionista fashion Rent the Runway ruelala Ruelala sale Saks Fifth Avenue sale Shoes Simply Vera Spring 2013 target topshop Tracy Reese Vera Wang Zara